|

Jefferson County remains in 47th House district

by Clarke Davis

Jefferson County — all of it — remains in the 47th House district following court redistricting in Kansas.

The Senate district is a different story. Most of Jefferson County is now included in the 2nd Senatorial District instead of the 3rd and a small portion is attached to the 19th District.

The 2nd District consists of a population of 70,340 with Douglas County and the city of Lawrence making up 75 percent and Jefferson County making up the other 25 percent. The incumbent is Marci Francisco, D.

The only portion of Jefferson County in the 19th Senatorial District is Kaw Township in the southwest corner, which makes up 2 percent of that district’s population. Also included in the 19th are Shawnee County, 68 percent, Osage County, 24 percent, and Douglas County, 8 percent. Anthony Hensley, D, is the incumbent.

The 47th House District has a population of 22,679 with 85 percent in Jefferson County and 15 percent in Shawnee County. Ramon Gonzalez Jr., R-Perry, is the incumbent.

State Board of Education districts are based on senate districts and Jefferson County — 2nd and 19th — is now in the 4th SBOE district.

Short URL: http://www.jeffcountynews.com/?p=13233

Posted by on Jun 19 2012. Filed under Government, State. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed

Recently Commented